Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sailing Pillows

So I finally got back on track and feeling better. Yesterday, I was temporarily sidelined by a migraine so I wasn't able to do much, but today I hit the ground running.

My husband had a project for me this time, a thank you present for someone who is into sailing. So we decided on a throw pillow. I wanted to do embroidery on the pillow but couldn't find a pattern to use. I ended up finding a stencil for painting and just drew it on the fabric. Then as I was working on that one, I realized it would also be a great Christmas present for someone. So I made two.





They have a sailboat on the front and an anchor on the back.
They were fun to make and I enjoy embroidery because it's something I can do in front of the tv. I have found it a little tougher lately because I need glasses for up close work. I am hoping to get them this week so maybe that will cut back on the headaches.

Next up, I have to finish a pocketbook for a friend and then work on two projects that were created by my foster dobie, Pepper Penny. She loves to eat my clothes and the other day she got a hold of a favorite tshirt so I am repurposing that. And yesterday she escaped from her crate and ate my hoodie that I had just created from an old Custo Barcelona shirt. It took so long to do the first time, now I have to redo. Gotta love the puppies.

3 comments:

  1. They look great Hil! Love the little anchor on the back.

    I'm about to get my first foster dog in the next week or two -- no more war stories! ;)
    Karen (Kovolski)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! Karen, good luck with the foster pup. It's very rewarding!

    ReplyDelete